Knight Asphalte recently attended the very successful Green Roofing Congress where many varied lectures on all aspects of the benefits of green roofing were given. Knight Asphalte personnel attending the conference were able to increase their knowledge on green roofing and pass on their practical know how to the architects and specifiers attending the congress. www.worldgreenroofcongress.com
Knight Asphalte Co. Ltd
Old Goods Yard
Kent ME17 2HR
Tel: 01622 850648 Fax: 01622 850698
Equal Opportunities Policy
Knight Asphalte aims to be an equal opportunities employer and has a policy for this purpose.
It is our objective to ensure that the talent and resources of employees are utilised to the full and that no job applicant or employee, either directly employed or working under a contract, receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, marital status, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, religion or belief or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be relevant to performance.
The policy covers all aspects of employment including vacancy advertising, recruitment, training, terms and conditions of service and reasons for termination of employment.
To meet these objectives Knight Asphalte Co Ltd will:
- Treat workers, job applicants, visitors, customers, clients and any person within the communities in which it operates with dignity and respect. Unlawful discrimination or harassment in the workplace will not be tolerated under any circumstances.
- Recognise its legal obligations under The Race Relations Act, The Sex Discrimination Act, The Equal Pay Act, The Disabled Persons Employment Act and The Equality Act.
- Operate a system where individuals are selected and treated solely on the basis of their merits and abilities which are appropriate to the job.
- Seek to give all employees equal opportunity and encouragement to progress within the organisation.
- Distribute and publicise this policy statement throughout the Company and elsewhere as is from time to time appropriate.
- Comply with the Code of Practice of the Equal Opportunities Commission.
- Comply with the Code of Practice of the Commission for Racial Equality.
- Investigate any complaint of discrimination, victimisation or racial or sexual harassment and take appropriate disciplinary action. All such matters will be treated as private and confidential.
All employees have a responsibility to accept their personal involvement in the practical application of this policy but specific responsibility falls upon manager, supervisors and staff professionally involved in recruitment, employee administration and training.
Discrimination, harassment or victimisation at work is unacceptable and will not be permitted or condoned.
Harassment includes (but is not limited to) verbal insults or ridicule, graffiti, slogans, racial comments, any unwanted sexual advance made verbally, physically or by gesture, or shunning of individuals, or applying different or unreasonable standards – that, intentionally or not, have the effect of violating a person’s dignity or creating an intimidating, hostile, degrading or offensive environment.
4.0 Complaints procedure
Any employee who wishes to raise a grievance under this policy should raise the matter in the first instance to his or her direct manager. If this is inappropriate, the issue should be raised with David Knight of Knight Asphalte Co Ltd. Should both these options be unsuitable, the matter should be put in writing (marked ‘confidential’) to the Managing Director of Knight Asphalte Co. Ltd.
The complaint can be dealt with either formally or informally. Disciplinary action will only be taken following formal consideration of the complaint. All complaints will be treated sensitively and in the strictest confidence at all stages of the process.
All complaints will be treated seriously. Workers and witnesses will be questioned promptly to establish what happened. Both parties have a right to be accompanied by a friend or representative during all discussions.
Disciplinary action, including dismissal, may be taken against any worker found who, after investigation, is found to be responsible for harassment or discrimination.
Grievances will be dealt with as soon as is practicable and the both parties will be informed of the outcome as soon as the investigation is complete.
For further advice on any item in this document, contact David Knight on 01622 850648.
The implementation of this policy will be regularly reviewed at the formal management meetings.
back to home page..